Christmas is just one week away! If like me you’ve barely started on your Christmas shopping, I wanted to let you know that all is not lost and that there are plenty of choices when it comes to gifting natural beauty in time for Christmas. It’s Biteable Beauty’s roundup of Christmas Gift Sets!
Natural Beauty Gift #1 – Marie Reynolds Deluxe Body Massage Candles
These are the first products I have tried from Marie Reynolds and I must say I am impressed! Packaged within the golden gift box are two massage candles. Hot Toddy is a delicious cinnamon spiced apple meets mandarin and satsuma blend contained within nourishing shea and cocoa butter base with a hint of golden shimmer. Three Kings, as you might suspect, is an exquisite blend of Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh along with a more complex fragrance structure of cedar, geranium, orange and jasmine resting on a rich base of sandal, patchouli and amber spice with the sweeteness of vanilla, iris and natural musks. Again Three Kings has a golden shimmer through it to leave a glitter on the skin.
Natural Beauty Gift #2 – Pinks Boutique Try Me Pedicure Set
My first experience of Pinks Boutique products was a delightful pedicure at Appuru salon in Pimlico, London. My feet were left super soft and fresh whilst I felt as though I were walking on air! Kirstie Sherriff is the founder of Pinks Boutique and she very kindly sent me the at home version of her Pedicure to try out. It comes packaged in an elegant presentation box, and beautifully finished with delicate dried rose buds inside. There are five miniatures contained within the box to recreate the at-home pedicure –
- Pinks Boutique Himalayan Elixir – a room spray (although if you were going all-out on the treatment at home why not use to create hot and scented towels to truly pamper your feet!) to enhance the ambience and lift your mood during the treatment. A citrus-y blend of Lemongrass and Mandarin along with a touch of Apricot and Chamomile provides an uplifting tranquility.
- Pinks Boutique Foot Soak – an invigorating blend of Eucalyptus and Peppermint is balanced by Lavender, all infused into Himalayan rock crystal salt to refresh not just the feet but the whole body!
- Pinks Boutique Massage Oil – a really sensual blend of some of my favourite notes – Ylang Ylang, Patchouli, Neroli and Sweet Orange – this little mini was not limited to just being used on my feet. This orgasmic oil was also put to use for both back massage and bath time bliss!
- Pinks Boutique Foot Balm – a rich and nourishing balm with Peppermint and Geranium essential oils in perfect harmony. Leaves feet feeling super soft and smooth. I tend to apply just before bed and wear cotton socks to intensify the treatment.
- Pinks Boutique Cuticle Oil – a powerful blend of synergistic oils to strengthen nails, with a lovely fresh fennel fragrance
Available from pinksboutique.com £23.50 Pinks Boutique Try Me Pedicure Set
Natural Beauty Gift #3 – Oskia Skin Smoothing Massage Candle
A blend of the finest natural beeswax, soybean and coconut oil, this massage candle is designed to smooth and sooth skin. The fragrance is Rose de Mai, a beautiful pink Egyptian rose that stays on the skin after use. I love that this candle comes in a jug with pouring spout for ease of use.
Available from oskiaskincare.com
Natural Beauty Gift #4 Antipodes Sensitive Skincare Collection
A lovely combination suitable for all skin types and dermatologically tested for sensitive skin types. Contained within the box is
- Antipodes Grace Gentle Cream Cleanser; formulated with nutrient-rich Avocado Oil, antioxidant-rich Vinanza Oxifend (Grape Extract) and Marigold to assist with skin regeneration
- Antipodes Gentle Ananda Toner; formulated with the world’s #1 water – Waiwera artisan water – Bulgarian Rose, Raspberry Extract and Mamaku Black Fern
- Antipodes Rejoice Light Facial Day Cream; fragranced with Sweet Almond and Vanilla Pod, this cream also contains antibacterial Manuka, anti-ageing Avocado Oil, nourishing Macadamia and balancing Jojoba Oil.
A lovely boxed set for all ages of skin, Antipodes Sensitive Skin Collection is available from feelunique.com priced £49.99
Natural Beauty Gift #5 Aromatherapy Associates Indulgence Candle
A blissful scented candle with sensuous notes of Jasmine and Geranium, this GM free candle and lead-free unbleached cotton wicks. The fragrance is instantly warming, even if (baby) it’s cold outside, the house will feel heated upon the lighting of this candle.
Available from feelunique.com Aromatherapy Associates Indulgence Candle £28
Natural Beauty Gift #6 – Vita Bella Spa Treatment in a Box
I first experience the Vita Bella face mask treatment at the Anti-Ageing Show – it’s pretty special! Inside the Spa in a Box you will find a compacted fabric face mask that looks like a tablet. You add the hydration complex to this, which causes the mask to expand, then unfold and place over the face. Leave for ten minutes then remove. You are also supplied with an intensive face cream to apply morning and night in order to keep hydration levels up – perfect for the party season! The Spa in a Box treatment has won awards and has been shown to increase skin hydration by up to 20%.
Natural Beauty Gift #7 – Nourish Argan Beauty Collection
Now, judging by the reaction I got to tweeting about this box recently, I think there will be a far few boxes of Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh under the tree this Christmas. Inside the box is Argan Skin Rescue oil to enhance collagen production and protect against the signs of ageing, and Argan Skin Renew – a rich cream to help boost hydration and firm the skin. Perhaps the biggest surprise for me is the fact I am LOVING the Illuminating Face Shimmer, I have been wearing it to many a party this December. I should clarify that the reason it’s surprising is that I seldom wear any kind of coverage on my skin, I expected this to be heavier than it is, a lovely product with a creamy but light consistency that is easily absorbed and leaves a light shimmer on the skin.
Available from nourishskinrange.com Nourish Argan Beauty Collection £24.95
Natural Beauty Gift #8 – Defiant Beauty Range
Sadly, around 1 in 3 of us will be diagnosed with cancer at some point in our lives, which means that we will all know someone who goes through the ordeal. Jennifer Young has created a line of skincare products especially for people going through chemotherapy. She worked very closely with her local cancer centre to formulate the products. I had no idea before starting working with the brand that your skin’s needs change completely when going through chemo, and there are certain ingredients, natural and synthetic, that patients should not be putting on their skin. 10% of the online profit from this range is donated to the Fresh Hair and Well Being Salon at University Hospital North Staffs (UHNS).
The gift set contains a cleansing balm, serum, itchy skin oil, smooth skin oil nail oil, lip balm, smooth skin balm and eye serum to help address any skin issues that arise during treatment. This range is quite heavy duty so may feel too thick and heavy on normal skin types. I have however use the lip balm and nail oil and keep the former on my desk in case of dry lip emergencies!
Available from beautydespitecancer.co.uk £40 Sample Gift Set Defiant Beauty by Jennifer Young
Finally, a little something to reward yourself with! Antipodes are offering a gift with purchase with their leading retail stores – buy any two Antipodes products and get a free Joyful Hand and Body Cream RRP £28.99 So, you can gift a couple of Antipodes gifts to family and friends, trust me they’ll thank you for it, and you’ll get to keep this treasure of a body cream all to yourself. The product is scented with natural blackcurrant and hibiscus flower, and of course features Antipodes’ signature Avocado Oil to moisturise dry, rough skin. After all that Christmas shopping, we think you deserve a little treat for yourself! I’ve seen the deal in my local Whole Foods and Planet Organic but you are best off checking with your favourite Antipodes retailer if they are running the deal or not!