Biteable Beauty & Giovanni Ecochic Cosmetics’ 2Chic Ultra-Sleek Shampoo and Conditioner
I had been excited about trying the Giovanni 2Chic range for a long time, so I was extremely excited when I bought these for review! I got them on a Friday before I headed up to Peterborough to visit my parents and couldn’t wait to try them out so carted them up there for the weekend. The water in Peterborough seems to have a different effect on my hair than in London, although they are both hard water areas so maybe it’s just my imagination that my hair seems softer and fluffier there!
I was not disappointed at all by these products, they left my hair feeling soft, manageable, sleek and fairly straight – much straighter than it would have been otherwise! The smell of the products remains in your hair after use and is absolutely gorgeous – Shea Buttery goodness! It’s not overly sweet though nor is it overpowering, it just keeps your hair really pleasantly fragranced!
Here’s some before and after pics –
As you can see, my hair is much wavier in the before pic! I straightened my hair after this picture and it stayed straight all night (you can read about my unruly hair in this post about Orgnx 14 Day Keratin Straightening Treatment)
What’s in Giovanni 2Chic Ultra-Sleek Shampoo and Conditioner?
The key ingredients in Giovanni 2Chic Ultra-Sleek Shampoo and Conditioner are –
- Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil – offers supreme hydration to hair as it penetrates the hair follicle
- Panthenol, or Pro-Vitamin B5 – increases the water content of hair and improves elasticity
- Beta Carotene, or Vitamin A – essential for hair growth, can help with thinning hair
- Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil – revives and strengthens hair and adds a glossy shine to lacklustre hair
- Hydrolyzed Paullinia Cupana (Brazilian Cocoa) Keratin Extract [Phyto-Keratin] – offer straighter, smoother and shinier hair
- Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice – provides moisturising properties, is similar in structure to Keratin and helps to penetrate the hair follicle from root to tip
- Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos Tea) Extract – moisturises hair and leaves a glossy feel and look to the hair
- Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil – a staple favourite in my kitchen and beauty cabinet, coconut oil helps to repair and build the hair, as well as revitalise
- Macadamia Ternifolia (Macadamia) Seed Extract – an emollient which helps trap water in the air as it is easily absorbed by the hair shaft
- Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) – destresses hair easing any frizz, softens, soothes and repairs dry and brittle hair
Previously whenever I have used a haircare product with so many oils and butters in (usually homemade I must say!) there has quite often been a residue left on my hair despite my best efforts to rinse it all clear. Not so at all with the 2Chic Conditioner, just softer, sleeker and shinier hair for two to three days – until next wash!
More about Giovanni EcoChic Cosmetics
Giovanni was founded in LA during the1970ss by Arthur Guidotti, a leading hair stylist and a Beverly Hills salon owner. It remains today a family-owned company Guidotti’s mission was to create hair products inspired by nature but that were still attractive and appealing products that worked. Today, the company is run by Guidotti’s son who continues the tradition of creating eco chic formulas. The company has over 100 products and has expanded from haircare to also offer products for the body and also skincare.