Welcome to the second new feature for #Bodhiweek on Biteable Beauty. Other posts on Bodhi can be found here. Are you a Bodhi fan? I’d love to hear what you think of the range so why not leave a comment below, on Facebook or Tweet @biteablebeauty #bodhiweek.
Award-Winning Desert Rose Rejuvenating Face Oil by Bodhi
At the end of August 2012, Bodhi very kindly invited me to a bloggers meet up to learn all about their latest product launch. It was their first adventure into skincare with a face oil call Desert Rose. I was curious how the brand would translate into skincare but it transcended perfectly. Nourishing, beneficial ingredients as the base of the product blended with essential oils that are not only therapeutic for the skin but also aromatherapeutic for the soul!
The event was held at the most beautiful little parfumeur in Les Senteurs. They specialise in unique and unusual fragrances with their own original and distinct edge. One line of products that deserves a special mention is their blowing bubbles, definitely one for all the big kids out there. Coloured and fragranced, blowing bubbles has never been so much fun. Not even with one of those oversized wands! It was a lovely afternoon, I got to meet several beauty bloggers including the lovely Evelyn from We Were Raised By Wolves and Gemma from Buff Beauty Blog – Gemma, I can’t believe we’ve not met again since! Hope you can make one of the London Beauty Bloggers Meetups soon 🙂
What’s Inside Bodhi Desert Rose Rejuvenating Face Oil
There is an arsenal of anti-ageing, rejuvenating and moisturising ingredients held within every little black bottle of Bodhi Desert Rose, including –
- Organic Moroccan Argan Oil; rich in essential fatty acids (EFAs), this ingredient helps to restore and retain elasticity in the skin whilst keeping cell membranes healthy. Incredibly hydrating and reparative, argan also helps stimulate cell renewal and helps reverse the ageing progress by smoothing fine lines and wrinkles
- Bulgarian Damask Rose Otto; a highly nourishing ingredient that helps tone, smooth, soften, repair and regenerate skin cells. Leaves the skin radiant and glowing
- Rosehip Seed Oil; 80% EFAs, rich in vitamins A, B and C, this ingredients helps diminish fine lines, wrinkles, pigmentation and age spots. It penetrates the skin easily helping to restore moisture balance replenish the lipid barrier and promote healthy cell regeneration
- Tunisian Neroli Oil; boosts the natural healing of dry and/or sensitive skin by promoting healthy cell growth, improves skin’s elasticity and helps soften fine lines
- Kukui Nut Oil; rich in vitamins A, C and E and high in EFAs, which all play a part in keeping skin youthful
- Strawberry Seed Oil; has antioxidant properties and helps prevent free radical damage. Improves skin tone, clarity and radiance
- Evening Primrose Oil; rich in Gamma Linolenic Acid which has superb anti-inflammatory properties. Supports collagen and elastin structure whilst rejuvenating and revitalising tired or mature skins
- Vitamin E; one of the most important antioxidants for skin, vitamin E helps prevent premature ageing and boosts collagen production. Targets age spots, pigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles whilst helping to prevent free radical damage
Biteable Beauty’s Verdict on Bodhi Desert Rose Rejuvenating Face Oil
Winner! This product won Biteable Beauty’s Best Face Oil 2012-13. The efficacy of this product, the beautiful rose floral fragrance and the fact that one bottle lasted a phenomenally long time despite being used twice daily all played their part. The bottle is made in chic black glass which helps keep what’s inside fresher for longer but unfortunately, you just can’t see how much is left! I kept thinking my luck was going to run out for at least two months before the sad last drops evacuated from the pump. My skin was happy with just this product for moisturiser during trials and as my cheeks tend to be on the dry side I think this speaks volumes for the product. With other oils and serums (besides from Spa Fabulous’ Bliss for Your Skin – which was an extremely close second to this product!) I usually have to use a cream in addition at least once a day.