The lovely Sarah from Unbeelievable Health approached me with their Bee Prepared Immune Support products after someone had been “raving about” Biteable Beauty at Natural & Organic Products Europe. I was so made up to find out that people in the industry were even talking about my blog, never mind raving about it! Whilst Google Analytics tells us how many people are visiting the site, what they are looking at and all that kind of jazz, it lacks the power to tell me who you all are (I deem this a good thing in terms of internet safety!) After Sarah shared this information with me, I was only too happy to find out more about their new line of products and try them out for review on Biteable Beauty.
Unbeelievable Health’s Bee Prepared Immune Support supplements come in two varieties – Daily Defence and Maximum Strength. Both are designed to support the immune system and are great for preventing and treating colds, flu, hay fever. They can also be taken as an immunity booster before and during travel, whilst training, when energy levels are low and you are feeling run down, and in times of stress. Both products contain a strong combination of antioxidants, bioflavonoids, antiviral and anti-fungal ingredients, and natural antihistamines, ingredients as follows –
- Bee Propolis; created from resin collected by bees from trees and plants to sterilise the hive against microbes. It’s antiviral, antifungal, antibacterial and effectively modulates the immune system. They support macrophages (the cells that engulf and breakdown cell waste and pathogens), help reduce inflammation and contain bioflavonoids, vitamins, minerals and trace elements including B-Vitamins and Zinc.
- Elderberry Berry Extract; contains high levels of vitamin C, quercetin (an antiviral, anti-inflammatory, anti-carcinogenic bioflavonoid) and anthocyanins (a powerful antioxidant) which has antihistamine properties that reduce inflammation and hay fever symptoms. It slows the rate of viral infection by inhibiting the movement and replication of virus cells in the body and has been proven to reduce flu symptoms and speed recovery.
- Olive Leaf Extract; contains oleuropein (an antioxidant phenolic compound with an ORAC value twice that of green tea), has antiviral, anti-fungal and anti-parasitic properties, and reduces allergy symptoms and rhinitis through its anti-inflammatory actions.
- Beta Glucans; immune system activating chemicals derived from yeast cell walls (but they do not contain yeast) that have been found to be nine times more effective than echinacea in enhancing immune response.
- Astaxanthin; a powerful carotenoid antioxidant found in algae that encourages the body’s natural virus and bacteria killing mechanisms and reduces inflammation which may reduce cold, flu and hay fever symptoms and speed recovery.
- Reishi Mushroom; contains lanostane (a natural antihistamine proven to reduce hay fever symptoms), has antiviral, antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, and encourages the body’s production of antioxidant enzymes (these reduce inflammation) whilst also enhancing the body’s immune response and function
When taking both varieties of this supplement you can really taste the elderberry extract, not in an unpleasant way, but it does give that medicinal flavour. I’ve been taking these to help build my immunity (I bruise easily and I’ve been told this is a symptom of low immunity – although I’m starting to think the bruises are simply down to Mimi being TOO BIG to be a lap dog!) as well as help with my stress and support my body as I am training hard both running and playing softball. I’ve been taking a combination of supplements (you can read about the Optibac Probiotics here and watch out for my forthcoming write-ups on Terranova Nutrition – coming soon!) and I am feeling more energised and less stressed out. If you’ve taken these supplements to good effect for any reason – particularly hay fever, I’d love to hear from you.
For more information visit unbeelievablehealth.co.uk