After having a taste of this RelaxMel honey I was lucky enough to meet Leanne from Nu Vitality at Natural & Organic Products Europe show where I told her just how much I loved this product and we decided then and there that I would take part in a case study for the honey! For that is what RelaxMel is. It’s honey made by bees that have been fed on a very special diet of medicinal herbs whose therapeutic properties work their magic in this honey. The bees are fed on the following mixture of plant feed –
- Passiflora, or Passion Flower, which has a soothing effect on the nervous and digestive system, acts as a mild sedative and has been used for centuries to treat insomnia
- Lavender, a natural relaxant which has a significant effect on soothing the nervous system.
- Oats, another natural sedative which helps to combat fatigue associated with insomnia
- Agnus castus, another natural sedative
- Golden hop, yet another natural sedative, widely used in traditional medicine to treat many problems including insomnia and stress
So with all these natural sedatives and relaxants, you would hope this product did the job, and it did! And it doesn’t just help with getting you off to sleep, there are more advantages to taking this product! It helps to regulate sleep patterns, soothe and reduce hypertension, balance the nervous system and relax the mind, easing away any tension.
As I mentioned in my post about Optibac Probiotics, my life has become increasingly stressful of late and I had been having more difficulty than ever before to get to sleep. I used to be someone who could fall asleep at the drop of a hat and sleep through till the morning, but more and more I found that my sleep was very disturbed and I was waking several times during the night. I was given a little case study Q&A by Leanne to complete which I thought I would share with you on here –
COMPLETED PRIOR TO THE RELAXMEL TRIAL
Outline your specific complaint and how long you have suffered from this problem?
For about 9 months I have been experiencing a significant increase in difficulty to fall asleep and once asleep I am not progressing into a deep sleep but waking up several times in the night.
Did you visit the doctor due to your health problem?
No, as I don’t believe in non-natural sleep aides but would rather look for a natural alternative.
Are you currently taking any medication or alternative therapy for this complaint?
Pukka Night Time Tea (Oat Flower, Lavender and Limeflower)
Dr Stuart’s Valerian Plus (Limeflower, Valerian Root, Hops, Passionflower, Fennel)
Terranova Avena Sativa & Tart Cherry
COMPLETED AFTER THE RELAXMEL TRIAL
How do you feel you have benefited from RelaxMel and how long did it take to notice the benefits?
- The first night of the trial I woke twice (around 3am and 5am) but the second night I slept all the way through. My sleep continued in this way the whole time I was taking the product. Occasionally I would wake up to go to the toilet a little earlier than I would have liked but unlike before I started taking the product I could easily fall asleep on returning to bed.
- I also felt more at ease in general during the daytime and found it easier to “turn off” on returning home from work.
- On occasion when I went away and forgot to take RelaxMel with me within three nights I was waking up in the night again.
How long did you take RelaxMel for?
3 months and still going strong!
Would you buy RelaxMel again?
Yes I would and I am!