What’s in Kimberly Sayer’s Serum?
Kimberly Sayer’s Whitening and Brightening Serum is a synergistic blend of ingredients specially selected for the brightening, lightening, whitening and tightening properties! This product addresses many of the telltale signs of anti-ageing and sun damage – pigmentation, age spots, discolouration and saggy skin. It has an arsenal of wonderful anti-ageing ingredients –
- Atlantic Algae, which has been patented and calibrated, to fight free radicals and inhibits the enzyme that triggers melatonin production in the skin. When our skin is overexposed to the sun, it causes overproduction of melatonin, which leads to age spots, pigmentation and discolouration
- Seaweed Extract from the Arctic Circle, which diminishes wrinkles and evens skin tone
- Wheat Extract, rich in Vitamin E, a powerful anti-ageing antioxidant
- California Bear Berry Leaf, a new ingredient to me! I have discovered that it’s astringent, and it contains a compound called arbutin, a natural lightening compound which bleaches age spots, melasma and pigmentation
- Liquorice Root helps soothe and calm irritated skin and fades redness from the sun
- Egyptian Neroli Oil clarifies the skin tone
- Olive Extract, ultra-nourishing as well as soothing
- Lemon Extract to brighten and lighten the skin naturally
- Alfalfa Extract which stimulates cell renewal and tightens skin
How to Use Kimberly Sayer’s Whitening and Brightening Serum
Kimberly Sayer recommends using this product twice daily after cleansing morning and night as a minimum. Results will be seen after 14 consecutive day’s use. To accelerate the process, you can use the product four times a day. I have been using this product alongside some new products I will review soon – Mioja Organics, all the way from South Africa!
My Verdict on Kimberly Sayer’s Whitening and Brightening Serum
Having already tried and tested Kimberly Sayer’s Moisturiser, read my review here, I had high expectations for this product and I was not disappointed. Kimberly Sayer’s serum is packed in a vacuumed pump so that no air can get inside to spoil the active ingredients and one pump of product easily covered my face and neck. The aroma is a beautiful balance of citrus (lemon and neroli) and geranium, two of my favourite scents so I love putting this product on. The serum is Aloe Vera based so it has a thicker consistency than a water-based serum but is not heavy. It is all absorbed relatively quickly, I have been leaving it to soak in for a couple of minutes before applying my moisturiser.
I’ve been lucky recently in that I’ve used some super beauty products on my face so pigmentation, sun damage etc are not too much of an issue. I did notice however that around my eyes there was slight uneven skin tone I noticed after a weekend of softball in the (occasional) sun. So this week I have been applying 4 times a day (when I remembered) and my skin tone definitely looks more even.