I love day creams and today I am going to tell you about my current favourite.
Now if I didn’t know him better I’d assume that Mr BB was turning into a Metrosexual. But fat chance of that, I think true Metrosexuals wash daily (or at least every other day!) So no, it’s safe to say there’s not much chance of his grooming regimen taking up my precious bathroom time in the morning. That said, Mr BB was absolutely obsessing over OSKIA London Nutri-Active Day Cream. So much so, it all got used up on holiday! It had been one of my day creams of choice for a while before we went away, so I was a little sad to see him applying so rigorously to his face and shoulders, muttering something like “this stuff is amazing as aftersun”, albeit an award-winning £52 anti-ageing my new favourite face cream kind of aftersun!
The day cream itself is beautifully packaged in a glass bottle. Simple, clean and sophisticated with a pump mechanism that matches. But as we all know, it’s what’s inside that counts, and that’s a cocktail of skin nutrients. Honestly, reading the ingredients list is like reading the side of a vitamin bottle!
- Vitamin A from Rosehip Seed Oil rejuvenates and regenerates by encouraging cellular processes
- Vitamin B2 aids cellular energy and enhances activity of other B vitaminss
- Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide) reduces pigmentation to brighten skin, improves skin barrier function and ceramide production to increase hydration, stimulates the production of collagen and fibroblasts
- Vitamin C & E act as a powerful anti-oxidant and stimulates collagen production
- Vitamin D improves skin texture and smoothness by regulating skin keratinisation
- Flavonoids aid circulation and strengthens capillaries
- MSM, the most bio-available form of sulphur, aids collagen production and helps keep skin strong and supple
- Milk peptides immediately lift, firm and tone the skin leaving a natural sheen and radiance by stimulating collagen synthesis by 40%, increasing Hyaluronic Acid production by 1900%, reducing wrinkle depth by 35%, increasing cell-to-cell communication and boosting key elements of the Dermo-Epidermal junction making nutrients more available to the skin
- Inula viscosa (which you may know as Sticky Elecampane) and Vitamin E protect against free-radical damage and enhance cell resistance to UV
- Our elite grade Hyaluronic acid and Omegas-3 and 6 (from Shea Butter, Jojoba, Sesame and Rice Germ Oil) provide long-lasting hydration, plump and restore softness and elasticity
- Swiss Apple Stem Cells prolong the life of healthy skin cells, help repair and protect DNA and reduce fine lines and wrinkles by 15% after 4 weeks and stimulate cell proliferation by 80%
- O3 Stressed Yeast Lysate increases cell respiration and the skin’s energy to stimulate new tissue growth, repair, regenerate and protect DNA
- Prebiotic Oligosaccharide stimulates the skin’s defence barrier to protect its ecosystem
Now onto using the cream itself! The product is a dream, with a delicious but subtle scent of Rose and Lychee. The cream is lightweight but powerful and so easily absorbed. The long list of vitamins, minerals and bioactives also means that whilst providing hydration to thirsty skin (and with the Greek weather our skin was rather parched) it also feeds your skin cells whilst repairing, encouraging healthy Collagen production and protect DNA, thus helping reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
For me to get excited about day creams is really quite special, for in truth I rarely opt for this type of product. I much prefer using facial oils for moisturising. The only other two day creams I’ve gotten excited about previously are Spa Fabulous Little Pot of Heaven and AEOS Enriching Moisturiser, that’s one day cream for every year Biteable Beauty has existed, and believe me I’ve tried tens if not hundreds!
Next up, my night cream of choice for our Greek holiday, U Little Beauty Dream Time Enriching Night Cream. I took this away to try instead of my Antipodes Avocado Pear Enriching Night Cream, because unfortunately I’ve broken the lid on this and whilst it still seals properly, it comes off much more easily than it should. Basically, a suitcase shambles waiting to happen! But as they say, a change is as good as a rest, and I enjoyed using this night cream.
U Little Beauty is a brand, like Antipodes, from the southern hemisphere, Australia. You may have guessed by the tongue in cheek name, if not imagine an Aussie saying it! The signature ingredient of all U Little Beauty products is Kakadu Plum, which has 50 times more vitamin C content than oranges! Other ingredients include Macadamia Seed Oil, Chamomile Extract, Aloe Vera, Shea Butter, Olive Fruit Oil, Jojoba Oil, Squalene, Vitamin E, Hyaluronic Acid and Lavender. A stunning combination of nourishing and hydrating ingredients, with just the right amount of herbs to relax.
The resulting cream is light, it feels more like a lotion than a cream and a little goes a long way. Skin feels soft and silky to touch. I like this night cream a lot, and I think it is an ideal summertime night cream for me, as it’s lighter than my trusted old faithful Antipodes.