This was not my first encounter with Natura Siberica, for I had received in my press pack from Natural & Organic Products Europe a couple of products – the eye cream (which sadly caused a reaction on my skin) and their Nourishing Face Mask – review coming soon! The mask is great, I love how it feels on my skin.
But for now, back to the hair products which the Natura Siberica team gave to me. The Oblepikha Hair Care was launching at the Paris show. Oblepikha may look alien and a bit of a mouthful but it’s actually the Russian word for Sea Buckthorn, or Siberian Berry! The products caught my eye at the show, with their bright and colourful packaging – the orange and blue really stand out and are complimentary to each other. In short I love the packaging , the colours, the patterns, the fonts of the hair care range it’s all ticking the right boxes.
As we know though, it’s what’s inside that counts, so let’s get down to the hair care products. First up –
Natura Siberica Oblepikha Shampoo – Intensive Hydration
The bottle says this shampoo will –
- saturate hair with essential moisture
- help hair retain moisture deep within the hair structure
- reduce hair brittleness
- improve hair elasticity
- tame hair
Along with Sea Buckthorn, the formula contains –
- Panthenol – derived from vitamin B5, Panthenol is a chiral molecule which means its molecular structure is mirrored instead of being identical. It’s a humectant which means it attracts water.
- Wheat Germ Oil – relieves dryness, promotes softness, and may help put moisture back into the hair.
- Wheat Protein – helps hair retain moisture, reduces hair porosity and promotes smoothness.
- Siberian Pine Needle Extract – I wasn’t familiar with this ingredient, but apparently it’s great for coloured and permed hair, it helps restore the keratin layer and promotes healthy hair growth.
On to the next –
Natura Siberica Oblepikha Conditioner – Nutrition and Repair with Laminating Effect
The bottle says this conditioner will –
- repair damage to hair structure
- seal hair surface with an invisible layer
- make hair thicker and glossy
- detangle hair
Along with Sea Buckthorn, Panthenol, Wheat Protein and Siberian Pine Need Extract, there are –
- Soybean Oil – a great hair strengthener
- Argan Oil – adds softness and silkiness, and helps smooth and reduce frizz. Read more about argan oil here
- Linseed Oil – a nourishing oil which may help with scalp conditions such as eczema and psoriasis
- Cetraria Nivalis – contains rare usnic acid, which protects hair from environmental toxins
How did I get on with the products? I LOVED them! The laminating effect of the conditioner was fabulous, it really did seal the hair and I saw a marked improvement in the condition of my dry and split ends. The fragrance is great too, I couldn’t quite place what the products smell like but I like it! The shampoo and conditioner are also the kind of products where I can leave my hair after washing without blowdrying and it will naturally dry smooth, voluminous (but not overly) and completely manageable. One day I even forgot to comb my hair and it dried rather impressively neat and tidy! Love this hair care range!