Terranova Synergistic Nutrition – Co Enzyme Q10
Part II of my Introduction to Terranova Synergistic Nutrition
If you missed part I of my introduction to Terranova Synergistic Nutrition, click here to read. In a nutshell I am explaining about the ingredients that go in to Terranova’s supplements being in whole food form. But it’s not just the whole food form that’s important when it comes to these ingredients, oh no. Firstly, many of the ingredients that are used in Terranova Synergistic Nutrition’s supplements are fresh freeze-dried in order to ensure they retain the maximum nutritional value possible. Not only this, but each and every supplement of Terranova’s is developed so that it has its own synergistic blend of botanicals and phytochemicals called Magnifood. This “enhances the body’s biochemical environment in order to maximise the potential benefits of the product’s vitamins, minerals and/or other nutrients,” giving this range “THE MAGNIFOOD ADVANTAGE” which reads as follows –
- Enhancing absorption, bioavailability, utilisation, activity, stability, function and effect of the product’s nutrients.
- Providing synergistic enzymes and co-factors crucial to the utilisation and functions of the product’s nutrients.
- Providing a vast array of phytonutrients that enhance the potential functions and/or applications of the product.
- Providing ingredients which enhance the overall content of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients in the product.
- Protecting ingredients from oxidative damage, helping to support the stability and activity of the product’s nutrients.
What is Co Enzyme Q10 and what is its Role in the Body
Co Enzyme Q10 is a powerful antioxidant, which means it protects our bodies from free radical damage. A free radical is a molecule with a single electron looking for a partner to stabilise it – (isn’t that what everyone wants?!) Free radicals are released when reactions happen in your body, say in digesting food, but can also come from your environment, cigarette smoke or pollution for instance. The buildup of free radicals over time is largely responsible for the ageing process. Not a vitamin, but a vitamin-like substance, Co Enzyme Q10 can be synthesised in the liver (by the amino acid tyrosine) and also absorbed in small amounts through eating certain foods including fish and organ meats.
Co Q10 is also known by an alternative name, ubiquinone, which comes from the word ubiquitous whose meaning is “found everywhere”. And Co Q10 is found pretty much in every cell in the human body, particularly in the heart, liver, kidney, and pancreas. Its key role is to produce energy in the mitochondria of cells, which is the part of the cell that produces energy in the form of Adenosine Tri-Phosphate.
Why I take Co Q10 and who Might Benefit from Doing the Same!
It is believed by some, myself included, that Co Q10 increases energy levels, due to its role in the production of ATP. Because of its antioxidant properties, I also take Co Q10 to help fight ageing and protect my body against disease. Co Q10 may also help with the following conditions and ease the symptoms of –
- Gum disease – taken orally or applied directly to gums this treatment is effective. You can find some natural toothpastes with Co Q10 in them.
- Cardiovascular issues such as heart failure, cardiomyopathy, heart attack prevention and recovery, and high blood pressure.
- Kidney failure
- Parkinson’s disease
- Huntingdon’s disease
- Muscular dystrophy
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Lyme disease
- Breast cancer
- Boosting immunity of HIV and AIDS sufferers
50 Capsules priced £13 available from nutricentre.com Terranova Synergistic Nutrition Living Multinutrient Complex
100 Capsules priced £22.75 available from nutricentre.com Terranova Synergistic Nutrition Living Multinutrient Complex